THE GRAND CHARPENTIER
dimanche 11 juin 2017, par
The Grand Charpentier is a lighthouse.
It rises up on the Grand Charpentier reef, at the mouth of the Loire. It was built from 1884 to 1887 and put into service in January 1888.
It measures 26.55 meters in height. It can only be reached by small boat and preferably before the low tide.
It was electrified in 1966. It is automated and not guarded. It can not be visited.
Its white, red and green light sections flash every 1.5 seconds, and it has a range of 14 miles (about 26 km).